I allow for a 30 minute first consultation so that I can thoroughly understand your knee problem. During this, I will take a detailed history, and perform a thorough physical examination.
To make sure you make the most of your time, please:
- Bring your referral letter. Without this you will not be reimbursed for part of the consultation by Medicare. We can send your claim to Medicare electronically, and you no longer need to visit a Medicare office unless you prefer.
- Please bring your Medicare card and Private Health Insurance details. If you are a pensioner, please bring these details as well.
- Please bring details of prior treatment such as operation reports, discharge summaries, or letters.
- Please bring your X-rays, CT scans, MRI images, or bone scan films. Digital copies and prints on plastic X-ray film are preferred. Printouts on paper are vastly inferior for diagnostic purposes. I will need to see the images – the report alone is insufficient.
- I will need to carefully examine your problem leg, including your feet, hips and back, as well as compare with the other leg. To facilitate this, please dress in clothes that will allow examination of these areas.
- Please bring along anyone you would wish to attend the consultation with you. Having a trusted person with you can help to cover the important questions, and to remember the consultation.
- If your claim is under WorkCover, please discuss this with your employer and obtain a Claim Number to avoid any out of pocket expenses.
- If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, and you are covered under Third Party insurance, you will need to have the at-fault drivers insurance details. Their insurer will need to accept liability before we can pass any costs on to them.